Monday, August 03, 2009

THE BLAZING WORLD
To any sub-creator, role-player,or fantasy enthusiast out there. When you have finished re-reading JRR Tolkien's "On Fairy-Stories" and during this process actually understanding what he is saying. (Hint: He believes fantasy to be created thorugh Rational thought and not made for children.) You may want to read "On Science Fiction" by CS Lewis. And when you are finished re-reading that, I swear that you will enjoy Margaret Cavendish's "The Description of A New World Called The Blazing World". Especially, feminists may find this work intriguing. That said, I do want to impose this upon any writer or game designer, reader or player of fantasy and weird fiction.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stejahen said...

I'm not a spammer. Those first two essays are amoung my favorite, I'll have to check out that third one.

Sunday, August 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home